We’re so grateful to have you here. Here are our May 2020 highlights:
- As of writing this, we have made 695 handmade masks. We are still making and donating masks to local frontline workers and hospitals. You can find our handmade masks on our Etsy store and on our website.
- May is Asian American Pacific Heritage Month. We did a month-long series of writers and artists that we love. You can find all the posts here
- We finished up a project with Ed Watson where Jen made Jedi robes for a Yoda statue. Check out his page for amazing artwork (he just launched a great line of yoga mats!)
For the entire month of June, we will match donations to any of the organizations below. Make a donation (any donation size) to any of these places (some make it very simple and take direct paypal donations) and let us know which organization and how much.
- The Legal Rights Center: Provides criminal defense and legal services for low-income people of color in and around Minneapolis, including arrested protesters. (Takes Paypal) https://www.legalrightscenter.org/donate.html
- Northstar Health Collective: Medics for protesters. The group of nurses, doctors, and healthcare providers was originally founded to maintain community safety during the 2008 Republican National Convention in St. Paul. Donate here. (takes paypal) https://www.northstarhealthcollective.org/donate
- Black Visions Collective: “A political home for black people across Minnesota,” this Minnesota nonprofit is dedicated to safe, autonomous black communities. (pay with a card) https://secure.everyaction.com/4omQDAR0oUiUagTu0EG-Ig2
- Official George Floyd Memorial Fund: A GoFundMe campaign organized by Floyd’s brother, Philonise Floyd, for Floyd’s children’s care and education, as well as family counseling, lodging and travel for court proceedings, and burial expenses. It has raised $1.7 million, with average donations of $22. (Go Fund Me) https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd
- Communities United Against Police Brutality: This is an established local organization that was created “to deal with police brutality on an ongoing basis.” (pay with card) https://www.cuapb.org
- NAACP: The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons. https://secure.actblue.com/donate/naacp-1 (https://secure.actblue.com/donate/naacp-ep-2020 for tax-deductible contributions)