Jaq – 2011

For DragonCon 2010, a number of Jen’s friends decided to dress as their Shadowrun tabletop characters. Jen didn’t have a character (yet), but she wanted to dress up too. So, with the help of her friends, they were able to piece together this outfit in about twenty minutes on Saturday during the convention:

Jen had so much fun doing it, she decided to update the costume for DragonCon 2011!

Here’s the step-by-step process:

  1. Concept art
  2. Patterns and fabrics
  3. “Found” pieces
  4. Making and customizing pieces
  5. Props
  6. Putting it all together

1.Concept art. Since I had put this costume together already, the concept art was more what I wanted the costume to evolve into.

2.Patterns and fabric
Since I already had the majority of the pieces, no patterns or new fabric was required.

3.“Found” pieces

Here are the arm things from 2010. They were actually knee-high socks that I cut the toes out of.
I found these arm warmers online. They’ve got the black and green stripes I was looking for. I still can’t decide which ones I prefer.
To replace the jeans I wore last year, I bought these skinny jeans with holes in them from the local thrift store.
I bought this tactical vest on Amazon. The plan is to use the pouches to attach to a bodice I already own to make my own “tactical corset”.
Weapon belt, also ordered from Amazon.
The biggest compliment I got in 2010 was on the gold boots. The ones worn in 2010 disintegrated, so I ordered a new pair. Also in the picture is a weapon holster. All things were ordered from Amazon.

Top

4.Making and customizing pieces

I took the pouches off the tactical vest and attached them to a bodice I already had.

5.Props

  • We used Airsoft guns, but I don’t have any pictures right now of them.

6.Putting it all together

The finished product!

The rigger and pilot

Be nice to “the help”. They’re the ones who will be picking you up after the mission.

Top

Share

Comments are closed